Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Sick little guy...

Carter hasn't been feeling well over the past few days. He woke up Saturday with a nasty cough and a runny nose. We called the doctor and she told us as long as he wasn't running a fever, he was eating and sleeping okay, then he should be fine. He didn't sleep very well on Monday night so we decided to take him to the doctor today. Good thing we did, it turns out he has an ear infection and he could be developing pneumonia! We ended up doing a breathing treatment in the doc's office and got some chest x-rays taken. Today was my first experience of having a sick child...now I understand how my mom felt when she had sick kids, it was very scary and tough for me to hear, I felt like I let my little guy down in some way. But, he is a baby, and babies get sick. He seems to being doing better now that we've started the breathing treatments and the antibiotics. We go back to the doctor tomorrow at 11:45. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment